Written By: Isaiah Paul | @isaiahxpaul
When it comes to NYFW, looking the part is as important as being the part.
Luckily for you, we have 7 Men Fashion Week essentials that will have looking your best as you saunter the streets this September.
1. Change is good and while some of us don't want summer to end, we don't have to get rid of our summer footwear just yet. For the past two years, sandals have made their way back on the feet’s of men all across America. As seen on the Fendi’s 2015 F|W show, pairing sandals with a fall ensemble is the perfect way to transition between seasons.
2. Who says you can't wear white after Labor Day? White sneakers are a great way to put your best foot forward during fashion week. They are also a great statement piece for any outfit. Last year all white Air Force One’s garnered popularity once again, making designers rethink all white footwear. Jordan has the 11’s (the “Columbia’s”) and all white Nike Huaraches are popular in street fashion. If you are more of a minimalist, Converse, Vans, Adidas and Greats have amazing selections as well.
3. So much for Snapbacks and Fedoras, Terry Cloth Caps are what’s in for headgear this season. The cool thing about terry cloth caps is that you can get them anywhere, in different styles and colors. They also come embroidered with sports teams, logos and businesses allowing you infuse your personal style with the current trend.
4. Kanye and Alexander Wang have made athletic apparel, appealing to the public. A nice tailored sweat pant can be paired with a blazer and a terry cloth cap, giving you a nonchalant air while still being stylish. Polo, Rag & Bone and Micheal Maccari have incorporated sportswear in their lines.
5. Turtlenecks and monochromatic outfits aren’t the only reoccurring staples borrowed from the Nineties Minimalist. When it comes to watches, men usually feel the bigger the face the better but recently simple & sleeker watches are what’s trending.
6.Women aren’t the only ones “training” their waists this these days; the CFDA runways were filled with high-waisted, loose-fitting trousers. They weren't alone either, they were accompanies by Cumberland, belts or beautifully decorated silk ribbon ties. Androgyny was also present in menswear, which inspired many of these looks for F|W 2105 -16.
7. As seen on Mr. and Ms. West ( KimYe) last F|W season, the topcoat has made its way into mainstream fashion. Usually seen on businessmen to keep them stylish in winter while they wear their suits, it's has become the trend to have a gray, black or camel topcoat to keep cozy in the colder months. The twist this season is in the size; keep it oversized and let it hang off the body. The length can also vary; both the long and three-quarter length coats are trending.